The following list of coaching responsibilities is meant to give a general idea of the time commitment involved with coaching a summer recreation team.
MYBSA Baseball and Softball Coaching Responsibilities (Updated 2019)
- Register to coach online by April 1st.
- Fill out an online background check.
- Early April you will be contacted by an MYBSA representative confirming your interest in coaching.
- Early April you will receive a master roster for the age division you will be coaching.
- Early April you will be required to attend a Coaches Orientation and draft. (2 hours) You will also be given a practice schedule at this time.
- Contact players within 48 hour of Coaches Orientation. MYBSA will also send an email to your players within 24 hours of Coaches Orientation informing them of their team and coaches name.
- Facilitate 4 to 6 practices in April and early May at Ray Fosse Park
- In early May 10-12 game schedules will be posted online.
- Provide a vehicle or ask a parent to provide a vehicle for your team to ride in during the Open Day Parade in May. Bambino does not participate in parade.
- Coach 10 to 12 games from May until end of June
- Particiapate in online All-star voting in June. (6u,8u,10U and 13u Only)
- At every opportunity encourage and teach youth the game of softball and baseball.
- Leave the dugout, hitting nets, tees, pitching machines and equipment bags as you would envision them being left. Please hang the bags on hooks where available.